Subject: Re: 3d accelerators for PC
From: Eric Case <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 10:41:59 -0500

The February 1996 issue of "DV Digital Video Magazine" has a 7 page 
feature on 3D Accelerators.  It covers 16 cards, 1 is the ELSA GLoria 
from ELSA Inc. (1-800-272-ELSA) the price is $2,990-3,490.  The prices 
range from $250 to $3,500.  9 of the cards support Open GL and 3 of them 
are under $400, the Artist 2000 Pro (from: Arist Graphics 1-800-627-8478), 
the MGA Millennium (from: Matrox 1-800-361-1408), and the Imagine 128 
series 2, (from: Number Nine 1-617-674-8513).  The Open GL card with the 
most features look to be the Evans & Sutherland, Freedom Graphics card 
for $2,400.  Of the Open GL cards the Matrox MGA Millennium scored the 
highest with 8.0 out of 10, but only 9 of the 16 cards are examined and 
compared.
I hope this helps, if you email me about a card I will give you the 
Company info, card price, and over score.
-Eric

Eric Case                      INTERNET: [email-masked]
The CPDI Group                 Phn. (520) 327-1020
4067 E. Grant Rd. Suite 203    Fax. (520) 327-1023
Tucson, AZ 85712